Summer Volleyball Clinics 2020
ALL COVID RELATED CHANGES WILL BE LISTED IN YELLOW HIGHLIGHTER. PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY AND FEEL FREE TO REACH OUT WITH ANY QUESTIONS/CONCERNS. SAFETY IS OUR #1 GOAL THROUGH THIS. ALL COVID SPECIFIC RULES/REGULATIONS ARE HERE: COVID RULES/REGULATIONS
We are in the process of confirming all of our 2020 Volleyball Summer Clinic Offerings. At this time, a beach clinic in Long Branch NJ is the only offering. We are still working on a grass site for another night. Unless Governor Murphy loosens restrictions soon, it appears the only indoor volleyball opportunities will be our camps.
Quick Find for Summer Clinics:
Quick Find for Summer Camps:
Adult Looking for a League, try with our partners the Long Branch Recreation VB League:
Summer Beach Clinics
Address: Ocean Ave & N Bath Ave
Use Stairs at N Bath Ave
In conjunction with Long Beach Volleyball League, we are pleased to announce our 1st ever Summer Beach Volleyball Clinic. This is geared for BOY'S & GIRL'S ages 10-18 of all experience levels. Athletes will be grouped with those of like experience levels (boys and girls separate). Those beginners Under 13 may be grouped all together based on the numbers. We added boy's to this program on 6/20 in agreement with Warren Sixpack Volleyball Club (which will Staff/Coach the boy's portion).
Thursday's: July 9th-August 13th, 2020
@ Long Branch NJ Beach (South of Pier Village- use stairs at North Bath Ave).
Cost: $165 if registered by July 2nd (extended through July 5th)
$195 if registered after July 5th
**NO OTHER MEMBERSHIPS/FEE'S ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS PROGRAM**
Included with cost:
- Participation in full clinic
- Insured by K&K Insurance (no extra fee)
- Shore Volleyball Academy Shirt
It is recommended to bring a ball to each practice. We will provide balls, but being that it is on the beach the more volleyballs means the less chasing them around the beach. We are also providing an opportunity to purchase an official USAV Molten Beach Volleyball for $30 (option to add onto registration). It is tough to get better without a volleyball at home.
These sessions will be run by some of the most experienced beach coaches in NJ.
Dan Sempkowski- Head Coach at NCAA D2 Georgian Court University/7 Years as Director & Coach for Beach Volleyball
Jason Ulrich- Asst. Coach at NCAA D2 Georgian Court University/ Jackson Memorial Boy's Head Coach
Kelsie Blue- Asst. Coach at NCAA D2 Georgian Court University/OCVBC Head Coach/5 Years as Head Beach Coach
Matthew "MK" Kelly- Former NJ All State Athlete/Boston College Club Athlete/5 Years as Head Beach Coach
Fred Siegle- Director/Owner of Warren Sixpack Volleyball- NJ's top Boy's Club in the state of NJ 25+ years.
General Night Program:
5:45-6:00: Check In/Report to Court
6:00-6:10: Dynamic Warm Up/Stretch
6:10-7:30: VB Skills/Drills/Play-Based learning opportunities.
7:30-8:00: VB Play (queens, games, etc.)
Being that this is an outdoor program and weather a factor, please take that into consideration. We will make every attempt to make-up the rained out session, but also cannot 100% control the weather or the schedule's of all our busy participants.
Rain is OK, Thunderstorms would require us to leave the beach for 30 minutes. A text alert system will be set up for all parents/athletes to sign up for.
What is the Summer Beach Volleyball Clinc?
This program was created to give athletes an opportunity to more volleyball during the summer. Beach is great for various reasons:
- controlling the ball within the elements of sun/wind/and even sometimes rain
- smaller sided games: playing with less athletes per side (2 v 2 for our most advanced, beginners and those still learning may play 4 v 4 or 3 v 3) forces every athlete to do more
- opportunity to play/learn the sport we love on one of NJ's nicest beaches
- opportunity to work with some of the top beach coaches in NJ
This program best serves all athletes. The clinic is open to any and all athletes (Boys and Girls ages 10-18). We will do our best to accommodate athletes into groups with others of similar skills. This becomes easier with more athletes.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us at with any questions or concerns.
COVID SPECIFIC GUIDELINES
BELOW IS ALL INFORMATION REGARDING COVID
There are A LOT of moving parts, as we have to follow regulations of the state of NJ, the town where the camp/clinic is being held, the facility/location, and our insurance company. These are subject to change based on requirements of any of the above organizations.
- 100% refunds will be given to those unable to attend for any illness related reason. Please still let us know as early as possible, as our staffing/plans are formatted for the # of athletes we expect. Participation numbers may be limited to ensure social distancing practices are followed, so please just communicate with us.
- If an athlete has to pull out during camp/clinic (Athlete OR Family Member becomes ill/has a fever), a portion of the paid fee's will be returned based on how many sessions the athlete participated in prior to being removed. This is to ensure no athlete feels the need to continue to "get their moneys worth"
- A new medical form is being created. To ensure it is accurate, this form may not be submitted more than 1 week prior to any Shore Volleyball Academy Clinic/Camp. Parent/Guardian will need to sign that the athlete has not had symptoms, or been exposed to anyone with symptoms for 14 days prior to the start date.
- Athletes will be REQUIRED to have their own water bottle. Unless things change, any and all drinks/foods/etc. will be kept by the athlete at all times.
- Additional information will be sent the week leading up to your camp/clinic. Governor Murphy is constantly making new announcements, so as additional information is available we will be passing it along.
- Athletes will be given priority based on the order they sign up AND make a deposit. If the state of NJ takes a step back on restrictions to limit group sizes even smaller, those who signed up latest would be removed from camp and refunded 100%.
- Temperature Checks for all/random selections before each session
- Required temperature checks by parent/guardian the morning of/evening before each session, with parent signing at check-in this was completed and athlete is in the clear
- Required social distancing during check-ins, water breaks, huddles, etc.
- Separate check-in locations for groups to maintain some distancing
- Masks requirements for athletes (based on NJ regulations)/ Coaches in masks
- Athletes kept in the same court/group for the entire session
- Do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns at SempkowskiVolleyball@gmail.com . Please understand much of this section concerning COVID is for athlete safety.