Beach Volleyball Clinics 2021
We are in the process of confirming all of our 2021 Volleyball Summer Clinic Offerings. At this time, a beach clinic in Long Branch NJ is the only offering. We are still working on a possible Ocean County site for another beach clinic, and should know by the end of March if this is possible.
Quick Find for Summer Clinics:
Quick Find for Summer Camps:
Adult Looking for a League, try with our partners the Long Branch Recreation VB League:
Summer Beach Clinics
Address: Ocean Ave & N Bath Ave
Use Stairs at N Bath Ave
In conjunction with Long Beach Volleyball League, we are pleased to announce year 2 of the Summer Beach Volleyball Clinic. This is geared towards BOYS & GIRLS ages 10-18 of all experience levels. Athletes will be grouped with those of like experience levels (boys and girls separate). Those beginners Under 13 may be grouped all together based on the numbers. Our Boy's Program is in conjunction with Warren Sixpack Volleyball Club (which will Staff/Coach the boy's portion).
GIRLS: June 17th-August 12th, 2021 (to be done before HS/MS tryouts)
BOYS: July 1st - August 26th, 2021
@ Long Branch NJ Beach (South of Pier Village- use stairs at North Bath Ave).
*Rain Dates of 8/12 and 8/26 added due to the missed session.
Cost: $210 if registered by June 1st
$235 if registered after June 1st (if space is still available)
**NO OTHER MEMBERSHIPS/FEE'S ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS PROGRAM**
Included with cost:
- Participation in full clinic
- Insured by K&K Insurance (no extra fee)
- Shore Volleyball Academy Shirt
It is a requirement to bring a ball(any brand/style) to each practice. We do provide balls, but being that we want to be playing and not just collecting balls the entire session, we are requiring each athlete to bring one as well. We are also providing an opportunity to purchase an official USAV Molten Beach Volleyball for $35 (option to add onto registration). It is tough to get better without a volleyball at home.
These sessions will be run by some of the most experienced beach coaches in NJ.
Dan Sempkowski- Head Coach at NCAA D2 Georgian Court University/7 Years as Director & Coach for Beach Volleyball
Jason Ulrich- Asst. Coach at NCAA D2 Georgian Court University/ Jackson Memorial Boy's Head Coach
Shana Rayside- Alum of Georgian Court University/University of East London
Kelsie Blue- Asst. Coach at NCAA D2 Georgian Court University/OCVBC Head Coach/5 Years as Head Beach Coach
Matthew "MK" Kelly- Former NJ All State Athlete/Boston College Club Athlete/5 Years as Head Beach Coach
Fred Siegle- Director/Owner of Warren Sixpack Volleyball- NJ's top Boy's Club in the state of NJ 25+ years.
General Night Program:
5:45-6:00: Check In/Report to Court
6:00-6:10: Dynamic Warm Up/Stretch
6:10-7:30: VB Skills/Drills/Play-Based learning opportunities.
7:30-8:00: VB Play (queens, games, etc.)
Being that this is an outdoor program and weather is a factor, please take that into consideration. We have pre-scheduled a rain-out session for August 12th for girls, but also cannot 100% control the weather or the schedules of all our busy participants.
Rain is OK, Thunderstorms would require us to leave the beach for 30 minutes. A text alert system will be set up for all parents/athletes to sign up for.
What is the Summer Beach Volleyball Clinc?
This program was created to give athletes an opportunity to play more volleyball during the summer. Beach is great for various reasons:
- controlling the ball within the elements of sun/wind/and even sometimes rain
- smaller sided games: playing with less athletes per side (2 v 2 for our most advanced, beginners and those still learning may play 4 v 4 or 3 v 3) forces every athlete to do more
- opportunity to play/learn the sport we love on one of NJ's nicest beaches
- opportunity to work with some of the top beach coaches in NJ
This program best serves all athletes. The clinic is open to any and all athletes (Boys and Girls ages 10-18). We will do our best to accommodate athletes into groups with others of similar skills. This becomes easier with more athletes.
Please note that while we have 12+ courts to use, we do have a limit for the # of athletes we can fit in the program. Slots go to those in the order which they fully registered.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us at ShoreVolleyballAcademy@gmail.com with any questions or concerns.
COVID SPECIFIC GUIDELINES
BELOW IS ALL INFORMATION REGARDING COVID
There are A LOT of moving parts, as we have to follow regulations of the state of NJ, the town where the camp/clinic is being held, the facility/location, and our insurance company. These are subject to change based on requirements of any of the above organizations.
- Refunds will be given to those unable to attend for any illness related reason. Please still let us know as early as possible, as our staffing/plans are formatted for the # of athletes we expect. Participation numbers may be limited to ensure social distancing practices are followed, so please just communicate with us.
- A new medical form has been created. To ensure it is accurate, this form may not be submitted more than 1 week prior to any Shore Volleyball Academy Clinic/Camp. Parent/Guardian will need to sign that the athlete has not had symptoms, or been exposed to anyone with symptoms for 14 days prior to the start date. The parent/guardian is required to let us know if at any point during the clinic, the athletes exposure has changed.
- Athletes will be REQUIRED to have their own water bottle.
- Additional information will be sent the week leading up to your camp/clinic. Governor Murphy has randomly made changes, so as his information changes we will let you know.
- Athletes will be given priority based on the order they sign up AND make a deposit. If the state of NJ takes a step back on restrictions to limit group sizes even smaller, those who signed up latest would be removed from camp and refunded 100%.
- Temperature Checks for all/random selections before each session
- Required temperature checks by parent/guardian the morning of/evening before each session, with parent signing at check-in this was completed and athlete is in the clear (most likely not needed for outdoor programs)
- Required social distancing during check-ins, water breaks, huddles, etc.
- Separate check-in locations for groups to maintain some distancing
- Masks requirements for athletes (based on NJ regulations)/ Coaches in masks - Outdoors we will not be requiring masks during play, indoor programs are TBA
- Athletes kept in the same court/group for the entire session
- Do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns at SempkowskiVolleyball@gmail.com . Please understand much of this section concerning COVID is for athlete safety.