2021 Boys Summer Volleyball Camps
2021 Camps were very successful, we hope to have our 2022 camp information available in early Spring.
Below is the information for all of our Boy's VB Camp. Being that we are still in COVID, our numbers will still be limited. Space is first come, first serve. If NJ steps back and makes sports more restrictive, athletes would be removed with those last registered. This is our first boy's VB camp, but every summer our girl's programs fill up and have significant waiting lists.
Looking for the Summer Beach VB Clinic: Click Here!
Boys General Skills VB Camp
**Due to Spacing Issues, the Boys sections will be split between two different dates (Gen Skills Jul 26-29 AND College Coach August 16-19)
July 26th-29th (2:30-6:30)
Hosted at Highline Arena (Aberdeen)
Open to Boys Ages 12-15
The General Skills VB Camp will be run in a typical sports camp fashion. Each day will consist of basic/advanced skill training in the 1st session, followed by more of a play oriented 2nd session to reinforce the skills and techniques.
This camp is best for those who have 1 or less years of team VB experience, as well as beginners.
College Coach Boys VB Camp
August 16th-19th (2:30-6:30PM)
Hosted at Highline Arena (Aberdeen, NJ)
Open to Boys aged 15 to 18 (entering 9th-12th grades)
*Due to the nature of this section of camp with one master coach, this section is best for athletes with a basic understanding of the techniques of volleyball, and have played on a team for 2+ years. Our general skills section will provide the foundational skills with more time to break down the basics.
Each day of camp will be run by a different "College Coach" who is brought in to run both sessions for the day. Each coach will bring their own style, teaching the game in their own unique way. This is a great opportunity to learn from 4 different college coaches, without having to travel to 4 different college campuses. Shore Volleyball Academy will be providing court coaches to assist on all courts.
This camp will require mask-wearing for all participants at all times (other than breaks, drinks, eating) to protect our coaches who are attending.
All College coaches are subject to change and may change up to that day they are scheduled. In addition, the rules within the NCAA and College conferences are changing.
Monday Coach- Dan Buehring (Stevens Tech- NCAA DIII)
Tuesday Coach- Niko Lambert (Saint Francis Brooklyn - NCAA DI)
Wednesday Coach- Mike Hrehovcik (Ramapo College of NJ- NCAA DIII)
Thursday Coach- Kevin Edwards (Baruch College- NCAA DIII)
- A full list of COVID protocols are below. These are subject to change based on regulations federally, NJ, or the township.
More General Camp Info (BOTH)
Cost: $350 ($325 Discounted Price until July 1)
Non-Refundable Deposit: $100
(Deposit is applied to the cost of camp)
(Deposit and all moneys paid towards camp will be refunded if any/all camps are canceled due to the ongoing Pandemic)
"Early Registration"- $25 OFF if registered and paid in full by June 1st, 2021
"Sibling Discount"- $25 OFF each additional child
**Can combine sibling discount with the Early Registration discount, but to accommodate both discounts you must pay by check**
- Registration is not complete until all steps are complete (registration form submitted and deposit paid). Your spot is not saved until all steps are complete.
- Our camps consistently sell out, so please do not wait. When we reach capacity a waiting list will be started. Some of our most popular camps sell out 3 months before camp even begins.
- Upon registering, an email will be sent providing your payment options, medical release forms, and emergency contact info.
- Each camper will receive a camp T-Shirt at the start of the week.
- Please bring small and healthy snack for each day of camp (4-4:30PM is our daily break/short snack time)
- All Shore Volleyball Academy camps and clinics are fully insured with K&K Insurance. No additional memberships costs are required.
- Do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns at SempkowskiVolleyball@gmail.com
What happens if the COVID 19 pandemic is still ongoing when we get to camps?
If camps were to be canceled, we would give 100% refunds for deposits and all moneys paid towards camps (just as we did for '20 Spring Clinics, '20 Summer Camps, etc.). There may be instances where it is possible to reschedule a camp for later in the summer. In that case, you would have the option of a 100% refund or still participating in the new camp dates.
It is our intention to follow federal and NJ regulations for all future programs.
Which camps are best for my athlete?
Please read the camp descriptions and who they are best suited for. Camps are open to different age ranges. In general though, different camps are geared towards different skill levels. If you ever are not sure, just reach out to us and we can give you our best recommendation.
How do I reserve a spot for my child?
All camps require both the registration form and a deposit to reserve your child's spot.
I am on the waiting list, what can I expect next?
Waiting lists are created once camps have reached capacity. As registrants pull out (for any reason) we refer to this list to offer newly opened spots. This could be from weeks before camp to even day 1 of camp. Things do come up, so it is very typical for numerous athletes from the waiting list to make it into camps.
Is there air-conditioning?
Yes- Highline Arena is air conditioned. Georgian Court is air conditioned. Brick Memorial is air conditioned. We pay more to ensure our athletes have a good experience.
Are drinks provided?
Due to COVID, athletes are required to bring all refreshments and food from home. Please bring enough for a full day of volleyball, then even more.
COVID SPECIFIC GUIDELINES
BELOW IS ALL INFORMATION REGARDING COVID
There are A LOT of moving parts, as we have to follow regulations of the state of NJ, the town where the camp/clinic is being held, and our insurance company. These are subject to change based on requirements of any of the above organizations.
- As mentioned above, 100% refunds will be given to those unable to attend for any reason. Please still let us know as early as possible, as our staffing/plans are formatted for the # of athletes we expect. Camps/Clinic numbers will be limited, so please just communicate.
- If an athlete has to pull out during camp (Athlete OR Family Member becomes ill/have a fever), a portion of the paid fee's will be returned based on how many sessions the athlete participated in.
- A new medical form is being created. To ensure it is accurate, this form may not be submitted more than 1 week prior to any Shore Volleyball Academy Clinic/Camp. Parent/Guardian will need to sign that the athlete has not had symptoms, or been exposed to anyone with symptoms for 14 days prior to the start date.
- Athletes will be REQUIRED to have their own water bottle(s) for the entire day. Unless things change, any and all snacks/lunches will be kept by the athlete at all times. If refrigeration is needed, you will need to pack an icepack/cooler. We want to avoid any extra contact, especially around mealtime when dealing with food.
- Additional information will be sent the week leading up to your camp/clinic. Governor Murphy is constantly making new announcements, so as additional information is available we will be passing it along.
- Masks required during check in process when 6 feet of distancing is difficult to maintain
- Temperature Checks on site for all/random selections before each session
- Separate check-in locations for groups to maintain some distancing
- Separate areas for separate campers to ensure they never are within 6 feet of other groups
- Masks requirements for athletes (based on NJ regulations)/ Coaches in masks
- Athletes kept in the same group for the entire day in the same area
- Parents/Guardians after checking in must remain beyond a certain distance from camp courts
- Do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns at ShoreVolleyballAcademy@gmail.com . Please understand much of this section concerning COVID is for athlete safety.